Thursday, October 25, 2007

Homemade Chili and Cheese Biscuits

I already post my chili recipe so I won't repeat it. Here is the link if you all would like to see it.http://emilys5blessings.blogspot.com/2006/11/my-trouble-areas-and-tomorrow.html I also made cheese biscuits. These are similar to the biscuits that Red Lobster serves.

Cheese Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cups milk
1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Mix together and then add spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I used my Pampered Chef Round Stone. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Take a small saucepan and melt one stick of butter and stir in 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Brush this on to the baked biscuits.

It was fun to eat with all the windows open and the kids really enjoyed the chili and biscuits.

5 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Those biscuits look so yummy. I know I've gotten that recipe before but I've never tried it. My family would gobble them up.

I've been meaning to tell you I made your taco casserole last week. Or rather, my oldest son made it. Delicious! Glad you posted it on the blog.

Thanks for commenting so sweetly on my fitness post. It's being slow work slimming down. I don't have quite enough room in my current living room to work out to the Firm. I miss it. Those are fun workouts.

Emily said...

My kids LOVE those biscuits. In fact, Taylor just came into the kitchen and wants to eat another one. I am trying to save a few for Carlos .. he is still at a meeting and I know he will be hungry when he gets home!
Also, I am so glad he made the taco casserole and I am glad you all enjoyed it!

Kristine said...

Hey, I've tried that recipe before!!! I've only been to Red Lobster once, but I remember their biscuits!

Emily said...

I got the recipe from my sister's church cookbook they put out years ago. My kids love them!

Cynthia said...

We make the same biscuits! We love them because they're so quick and easy!