Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Homemade Chili

Now, that the house is deep cleaned I still have a few areas that need some work. I told my friend Cindy that I am going to post before/after pictures of these trouble spots which I call "hot spots". They include a 3 tier shelf in my bathroom, my desk cabinets, one laundry room cabinet and my dest drawers. I also need to have my kids go through their dresser drawers and organize them. Tonight it is so cold here - I decided to make a huge pot of chili - yum - it hit the spot. I am now sitting by the fireplace updating my blog. Molly, my poodle, must be cold too because she is all snuggled up right next to me :-) Tomorrow I have a mystery shop in the morning and then I am going to come home and begin cookng for Thanksgiving. I would like to get together many of the side dishes so all I have to do is bake them on Thursday. I am cooking this year so here is my menu. Turkey, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, marinated salad, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, swiss bean casserole, spinach casserole and jellied cranberry. My mom and mema are making the pies and the stuffing. I LOVE this meal - I can't wait! Here is my recipe for chili - it is easy and good: Chili

2 pounds of ground beef
2 packs chili seasoning
2 cans of tomato sauce
1 can diced or sliced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
shredded cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef; drain. Put meat back in pot and add chili seasoning, sauce, diced tomatoes and kidney beans. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Put into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a nice cozy evening! A nice reward after all of your hard work.... Me... well, we're in the middle of our deep cleaning STILL! I called a dozen different cleaning ladies and couldn't find a single one with any openings so now we MUST do it all ourselves (LOL)! I'm just about done with the utility room - a must before Thanksgiving because that is where I'll put all of my pies tomorrow after I bake them. Congrats! I bet it feels really nice to have it all one!

Emily said...

Thanks Cindy! It feels good to have it done. Hopefully this will last me until spring :-)