Saturday, July 11, 2009

A New Season In Life

Family Update

Taylor
Jordan
Landon
Our wonderful new son in law Matt and Alexia
Me and my honey
The girls . . .Alexia, Sierra and me :-)
My poor blog has been has not been updated for awhile as many of you know.  I have been trying to get back here but my life is a whirlwind right now and it's hard to find time to get back here.

What's new in our home?  Well, we are in a new season of life.  We currently have 4 of our 5 blessings in Kansas City at the International House of Prayer.  www.ihop.org.    Jordan will be starting his third year at their Forerunner School of Ministry and he continues to play keys in their 24/7 Global 24/7 Prayer Room on our son in laws worship team.   He has at least two more years in KC and then we pray he comes back to home and back to Orlando House of Prayer where we are contending for 24/7 prayer and worship. 

Alexia as you know got married to Matt on May 16th.  They had a wonderful honeymoon and they are now back in Kansas City where Matt is on staff at IHOP and is one of the worship leaders there.  Alexia will be taking audit classes at IHOP this coming year.  She needs to keep her time available so she can travel with Matt on ministry trips.  They also just got a new puppy named Jerry :-)

Taylor and Landon has been in Kansas City since June.  Landon has been doing their ATC  (Awaken Teen Camp) and also did their leadership track.   He will be home some time this month.  Taylor decided to spend the summer there and is also applying to do one of their internships.  We will know what happens with his future in a week or so.

Sierra actually was in Kansas City too this summer.  She went for a few weeks with Carlos and then decided to stay another 10 days with the kids.  So, at one time we had all five kids in KC and Carlos and I back here in Orlando. . . . boy that felt weird :-)

As many of you know Carlos and I are the Executive Director's of IHOP Orlando - the Orlando House of Prayer - OHOP.   We are a missions base that is contending for 24/7 prayer and worship.  The heart of OHOP is our prayer room where we are 70 hours away from being 24/7.

We have about 19 full and part time intercessory missionaries at OHOP.   They spend about 20 hours in the prayer room a week and the other 20 hours doing service and admin. hours on the missions base or in one of our arteries such as the Compassion Center.

I also volunteer about 20 hours at   the Compassion Center.    www.cflcompassioncenter.com   We feed and clothe about 300 homeless and low income families and individuals a week.  I am in the process of organizing the clothing and also reach out to the community to bring in food drives.

For the first time in about 21 years Carlos and I have been working "together" in ministry.  I have always supported him but when the kids were small and I was homeschooling all five of them I could not be of much help so I supported him.  Now that the kids are older and some have left the nest it has allowed me to partner with him in ministry!  We are having a great time and we have an amazing team at OHOP.  

I am going to try to keep the blog updated with "life" details.  I probably will not be posting many pictures because it takes too long but if you have a FACEBOOK I post almost everything over there.  You can find me at Emily Katsanis Sarmiento.   I also added the Orlando House of Prayer page box to the right side of my blog.  If you have a FACEBOOK I invite you to become a fan and you can see all what we are doing down in Orlando.

I have received so many nice notes and comments from you all saying you have missed my posts.  I will try hard to pop in here and keep you all updated!  


 

7 comments:

worshiping warriors said...

Hey friend. I can definitely identify with this new season you're in as my husband and I are in the same place. Our oldest daughter has been married a year and our oldest son is headed to IHOP KC in the spring. Fourteen year old twins still at home though (thank God, not ready for that yet... sniff, sniff)... Getting your bearings in a new season isn't always easy, but the end of one is the beginning of another. We're praying for direction and are excited about the future (although still a little nostalgic about the past). God bless you in this new season. Sounds like He already is! :)

worshiping warriors said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Romany said...

Emily,

I don't do facebook so I'm glad that you'll come back and update here occasionally. It is really good to hear and see how your family is developing. How wonderful for you and Carlos to be working in ministry together at last. And what fantastic work you are doing.

I've been praying that the Lord will bless Jamie and I similarly so that we can do this, too. We'd love to work for Life-Songs full-time. It would take a miracle though. {g}

worshiping warriors said...

Oops.. I deleted my own message up above... Oh well... it was just a duplicate of the other... Have a great weekend Emily! :) Oh- By the way- your daughter's video you posted on facebook was hysterical! :D I laughed and laughed...

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Emily, I've been out of Internet contact but am slowly getting life back to normal. How fun to see wedding photos.

Emily said...

Dorothy - I keep meaning to update my blog but I just keep forgetting. :-) I need to remember to do it but uploading pictures takes me so long that I feel bad just posting with now pictures.

Kayla . . Alexia comes up with CRAZY videos. We said she should have always been an actress LOL

De'etta As you can see my poor blog sits here very neglected. The wedding pics were one of my last posts in a while. FACEBOOK is so much faster for me since my time limited these days. I love keeping up with you and Japan adventures! I thank the Lord for the internet every day. It's a wonderful way to stay connected to my blessed friends :-)

Unknown said...

Nice Post thanks for sharing....! Orlando House Blessings