Sunday, June 29, 2008

And We're Off

Saturday we spent the day doing things to help us get ready for our road trip to Ohio for our family reunion. I did laundry, packed, went to the feed store to stock up on feed for Farley and cleaned the house. (I have to leave our house perfectly clean because I like to come home to a clean house LOL) Carlos mowed the lawn, trimmed and edged. He also put the luggage carrier on top of our SUV and had us all packed up by the time we went to bed.

This morning after church we had lunch with Ken, Lisa and the kids and then we were off to Ohio. Carlos started off driving so I could catch up on the blog.
I am so happy I bought him for his birthday last year the adaptor that allow our computer to be continually charged and once again I am thankful for our AT & T air card which keeps us on the internet. This way I can blog, keep up with emails and also we can listen to IHOP's live webstreaming for their prayer room.
Taylor had a busy weekend. Friday he played drums for three different prayer sets in the prayer room. Saturday his friend Enrique treated him to a day at Disney so he is exhausted. He fell asleep almost immediately.Landon stayed over at his friends Stephen's house all weekend so he was tired too. Notice the shirt over his eyes . . . . he can only sleep in complete darkness LOL
Sierra has been a trooper all weekend. Friday night we took her to the Children's prayer watch. I lead worship for 30 minutes for the children . . Sierra was one of my singers. She and the other two kids did a great job! Saturday she was pretty bored because I had no time to play or mess with the horses so she had to fend for herself while Carlos and I got everything ready for the trip.
My dad and mom left about two hours before we did so we are going to meet up with them in northern Georgia tonight at the hotel and then continue on to Ohio tomorrow morning.

My brother Andrew and his family are flying out tomorrow and will be meeting us there. My two sisters and their families will be driving in from Indiana tomorrow. All my cousins on my dad's side will be in town too. They have the whole week planned with fun activities for everyone. It should be a great week. We will be back in town this coming Saturday so Carlos can preach and this next Sunday Edwin is leading worship so I will be playing the keyboard for the service. I am praying my cousin still has her piano so I can practice the songs :-)

We are looking forward to spending time with the whole family! I will keep you updated on our journey north!

No comments: