Monday, March 26, 2007

Quote of the Day! - 3/26

The enemy loves to deceive us into wallowing in self-pity, fretting, feeling sorry for ourselves, or having a chip on our shoulders. "Why did this happen to me? God must not love me. He doesn't answer my prayers. Why did my marriage end in divorce? Why did my business not succeed? Why did I lose my loved one? Why didn't things work out in my life?

Such questions may be valid, and may even be helpful to consider for a season, but after that, quit wasting your time trying to figure out something that you can't change. You can't unscramble eggs. What's done is done. Let the past be the past and go on. So you have suffered some setbacks; you didn't get what you were praying about; things didn't go your way. Friend, you are not alone. Many fine, upstanding individuals have experienced something similar.

The Bible says, "The mercies of God are fresh and new every single day." God knows we're going to make mistakes. God know we are not perfect, so He provides fresh, new mercy and grace every day. God doesn't condone our sins; He doesn't wink at our wrongdoing. But God doesn't automatically condemn us either. The Bible says, "The Lord . . . .is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

If you are going to avoid getting trapped in your past, you must learn to forgive yourself. You must be willing to accept God's mercy. You can't be so critical of yourself that you won't receive what God has to offer.

Exceprts from Your Best Life Now

No comments: