Thursday, March 01, 2007

O'Henry Bars

Yesterday was very quiet. After the kids went to school I ended up cleaning my downstairs . . the kids and I worked on the upstairs over the weekend. Also, I washed and changed our bed linens. After lunch I made a dessert called O'Henry Bars. They are so yummy.
O'Henry Bars
1 cup dark Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups peanut butter
6 cups Special K cereal
1 bag of butterscotch chips
1 bag of chocolate chips
In a medium saucepan add the KARO syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and stir to mix. In a large mixing bowl add the cereal and then pour in the sugar mixture. Mix together and put in a 9 x 13 pan. I love using the Pampered Chef 9 x 13 stone .. but you can use anything. In a saucepan melt the chips together and then pour over the cereal mixture and spread around. Put the pan in the fridge for about 30 minutes until the chocolate sets up. Then you can take it out and leave it on your counter. These are so good! Enjoy!
Last night Alexia and Jordan were both working. Taylor, Landon and Sierra and I picked up Lisa and we headed to our friend's church. Our church and their church just got off a 21 day fast and we were coming together last night (both churches) for a time of praise and worship and prayer. It was neat seeing two different bodies coming together as one in prayer! Afterwards, Lisa came over to watch American Idol. I made some coffee and watched the show. I then took her home . . .we both commented last night on how weird but neat it is that she just lives 1 minute and 30 seconds from me. . . . we are so use to living 35 minutes apart. I ended up going to bed early last night. It felt good to be in bed before midnight!

No comments: