Saturday, March 24, 2007

Decorating for Easter!

This morning my house was very quiet again. Taylor, Alexia and Landon were still with their friends and Carlos, Jordan and Sierra had headed to church for day 2 of the the conference. So, I decided to call Lisa and see if I could have Ava for the day. Lisa and Kaitlyn were headed to a birthday party and then up to the church for the conference and Ken and Christian were going to go to the morning service at the conference.
Taylor called around 11:00 and needed to be picked up so I picked him up first and then picked up Ava.
About an hour after she was here she fell asleep so I picked up the house and then decided to bring out the Easter Decorations since there is only 15 days until Easter.I filled my hutch with many of our bunnies. We have collected many through the years because each child gets a new one in their Easter Basket. When they leave home someday they can take all the bunnies with them :-)I have five favorite books about Easter that I bring out and reread to the kids. The first one is Easter from A to Z - Devotions for Kids I love this book. It is about a bunny that was there during the crucifiction and resurrection of Jesus. This is how we incorporate "bunnies" into this special time of year!


We also do the Resurrection Eggs!








Three boy bunnies and 2 girl bunnies . . .one for each of our blessings!

Taylor said goodbye to Ava. My sister in law Leslie picked him up to see his cousin's baseball game!
It is now around 5:45 and Ava is down for her second nap.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Emily,
As always.. you have BEAUTIFUL decorations! I think I may look for a few things after each holiday this year... Maybe I can start by just concentrating on a table or door decoration of some sort (LOL)... that shouldn't be TOO hard for me to handle and it would spruce up at least one are of the house.

Emily said...

I use to decorate the whole house every holiday and it just got to be too much. Now I mainly just decorate the hutch, the guest bath and a few walls except for Christmas . . . that holiday the whole house gets it :-)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

How delightful. I was just thinking yesterday, "I've not heard if Emily's done any spring decorating" and here it is. I need to take all those snowmen down....I was planning to do it the 21st but was sick and still not feeling great yesterday....but soon. LOL

I do have a resurrection flag out front. LOL

Emily said...

When I was putting my spring items up this year I felt like I didn't have as much as in past years. I think I must of gotten rid of some stuff last year.

I hope you are feeling better!

Kathy in WA said...

Emily - once again you are my absolute decorating for the holidays hero!!! Gorgeous. I love the bunnies. Two of my children immediately picked up on the idea and begged for us to start that tradition. There are a few of them who really love stuffed animals. Do you let them keep the bunnies out or put them away each year.

Sweet pictures of Ava!!

Emily said...

Actually, I am a mean mom Kathy and we put them away after Easter! :-)