Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Deep Cleaning - I Am Finished!

I am so happy to be finished with deep cleaning the house. My hands are so dry from all the cleaning - they are just soaking up my hand lotion :-) Jordan's room is also our guest room when we have company. My parents are coming in town for Thanksgiving so they always take this room. I washed down the walls, the baseboards, the door and closet door, dusted the ceiling fan, the furniture, cleaned out his night stand drawers and his open shelving and last but not least vacuumed.




This bathroom is our guest bathroom and Jordan's bathroom. I keep this pretty clean due to it being used by guests. I did wash the walls, baseboards, cleaned the mirror and counters, cleaned the commode and tub and cleaned the tile.
Four times a year I do a major cleaning of the pool deck. I had just done it back in September so it wasn't to dirty. I just washed off all the tables and chairs.
The garage still needs work but I will work on it more after we decorate. All the containers you see in the last picture are all almost all Christmas decorations so I will have them all laid out on Saturday for our big Decorate the House Day!





Next - hot spots . . . . . .

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

We won't EVEN talk about "our" garage (LOL)! We can't even begin to tackle it until dh has time to build a shop.... suffice it to say we don't use it as a "garage".... it's a shop right now (LOL)!

I LOVE your pool. If we lived in the south I'd have one for sure! We all love to swim, but it's too much work for the short warm season up here..... maybe someday I can talk dh into an indoor one!

Anonymous said...

EMILY!

You are amazing!

I've always wondered why Florida pools have to be covered in that mesh. Do you know what the reason is?

Dorothy

Emily said...

The mosquito's are really bad in the summer so having the screened enclosure let's you use this area at night too without being attacked by the bugs ;-) It really makes it like an extension of the house - we can open the doors when we entertain and not worry about anything coming in the house.