Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Where is Autumn?

Today here in town it was 87 degrees. It is October 17th and I want to know - WHERE IS FALL? (LOL )Each October 1st our home is transformed into a Harvest Theme. Our home is filled with the smell of cinnamon, home baked pies and cobblers and slow cooking chili and stews. So, for all my family and friends who are enjoying the wonderful fall weather up north, the crispness in the air - the leaves changing colors - the crackling of wood in their fireplaces - here is a little fall from our family to yours :-)

Happy Harvest!

Harvest of Blessings to you and your families!

In Everything Give Thanks!
The year has turned its circle
The seasons come and go.
The harvest is all gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain.
So open wide the doorway-
Thanksgiving come again!
Author unknown

Autumn breeze

Changing leaves

Colors red and gold

Autumn sound

All around

Beauty to behold.

Pumpkins in the cornfields,
Gold among the brown,
Leaves of rust and scarlet
Trembling slowly down;
Birds that travel southward,
Lovely time to play;
Nothing is as pleasant
As an autumn day!
Author Unknown

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Emily,
Thanks for the pics. I LOVE to see how people decorate. I need to get our fall decorations out SOON, but with all the snow on the ground it feels like I should be putting up our Christmas decorations!
Cynthia

Emily said...

Cindy
It's hard to believe you have snow so early in the season. I guess it would put me in the Christmas mood too :-) Enjoy the beauty of it all. I will keep trying to enjoy our hot, humid but sunny weather here. LOL
Emily

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Emily - glad you posted on my blog so I could follow you home. {G}

I am so wanting a real fall - you know with the crisp feelings and all. I put the fall things up a couple of weeks ago too because it SHOULD be fall by the end of September.

Emily said...

Hey De'Etta
I am glad you found me LOL!
I know you are further west than we are so usually I hear you say it was a nice crisp day or night - I tell myself that it is headed our way :-)
They say by this Tuesday we will have a high of 72 and low of 51. I can't wait! We had to throw the air back on yesterday . I just couldn't handle the heat anymore.
Emily