Monday, October 30, 2006

Pumpkin Carving Night!

Tonight was our annual pumpkin carving night. I was a little bummed because only two of our blessings were at home. Jordan is at a Bible School, Alexia is at the high school working on the homecoming float and Taylor is at Volleyball. Landon, Sierra and I had a great time working on the pumpkin. Here is the kids with the pumpkin. In a earlier post I typed out how we use the pumpkin to show what sin looks like and what happens when we ask the Lord to take away our sins what it looks likes. For more details look through the older harvest posts.
Mom cutting off the top.

Pulling the top off.


Look at all that sin . . . . . .



Pulling the sin out. . . . . .


The sin . . . . .

Being goofy :-)

How we look after the Lord takes away our sin.

When our sin is gone Jesus shines through . . . .
The pumpkin is now on the front porch waiting for trick and treaters tomorrow night.














7 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Very cute! We didn't do pumpkins this year but maybe next year we'll do this. What a great way to witness to others.

Lisa

Emily said...

Hey Lisa,

We have done this for years. We usually go to a fall festival at the Baptist chuch in town so we are not home during trick or treating. So, before we leave we light the candle in the pumpkin - leave the porch light on and set a big bowl of candy next to it with Christian tracks for the kids to take home.
Emily

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Emily,

I took the original idea you sent us, added to it and we had a blast. Thanks so much for the idea.

We've started a wonderful new family tradition.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

BTW - did you toast your pumpkin seeds????

Emily said...

De'Etta,
Some years we do but last night I was so tired by the time we were done that I ended up throwing everything away. I did look at the pile of seeds - and the thought went through my mind - but it went out as fast as it went in - when my body said - Go to bed!!! :-)
I love roasted pumpkin seeds. They bring back wonderful memories from my childhood.
I am so glad you all added this activity to your family time. Your pictures turned out great as well as your pumpkins!

Lisa in Jax said...

Normally we would go to the church also but with sick kids we decided to stay home and hand out candy. I did take Evie around to the neighbors to show off her truck costume but really everyone was not in the mood for much.lol It was nice to get out though. I'm going to do the pumpkin next year. I know that the kids will enjoy it.

Blessings,

Lisa

Emily said...

Lisa,
I have been praying for your kiddies. I hope the all feel better soon!
Emily