Sunday, October 29, 2006

Neighborhood Party

Yesterday was the Neighborhood Block Party. It was about 10 acres down the way from our house. Sierra, Selena and I headed out to the party but not before I made Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole. Each family was to bring a covered dish and a dessert. I will include the recipe for the casserole at the end of this. At the party they had music, a moonwalk and tons of food. There was a great turn out and it was a great way to catch up on what's been going on and to meet any new neighbors that have moved in recently. Carlos is still in Portland, Oregon preaching, Jordan was working, Alexia was at powderpuff football practice and Taylor was at a birthday party. It was strange just having 3 of us head to the party but we had a great time. We really miss Carlos -he has been calling once a day to check in on us. He said he is staying at a beautiful place right on the ocean. Also, there is a quaint little town nearby with lots of shops and restaurant that he said I would of loved. I think he is going to go back in March so hopefully I can go with him next time.






2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah Portland...Mike went to seminary there. I had two babies in Portland. We LOVE the OR coast.

Emily said...

De'Etta
Once a year a Ukranian church in Portland invites Carlos to come and speak. This year he has been there twice. He called me today and said they have asked him to come back in January and in March of next year. I hope one of those trips I will be able to go with him. The pastor and his wife invited me this trip but I couldn't juggle everything around to make it work.
Two babies ? No wonder you LOVE Portland :-)