Monday, October 16, 2006

It's That Time Of Year!


Every year about this time the kids and I head to SEARS to get their school pictures taken. We started this 13 years ago when Jordan started Kindergarten. This year it was a little sad because instead of taking 5 kids to get their pictures taken there was only 4. Now, that Jordan has graduated - I guess he has graduated from the "school pictures" too . I did inform him that we will continue to have taken our annual "family picture" with ALL of us forever. That includes future son and daughter in laws and future grandchilden :-) After we had the pictures taken we headed to Chick Fil A - yummmm - I love their chicken strips. It's one of the only fried foods I still eat. In honor of this being the first year Jordan didn't have school pictures I thought I would include a few pictures from Jordan's graduation and party. By the way, he graduated totally homeschooled. We were part of a HUGE homeschool group and they ended up having the largest homeschool graduating class in the history of the group.












7 comments:

Cynthia said...

Emily,
I had forgotten that your oldest graduated.. How did I miss that? Thanks for uploading those pictures! We are currently debating what to do for our oldest dd's graduation this year.
Cynthia

Emily said...

Cindy,
It seems so strange this year not schooling Jordan. He is becoming so indepenant but I know that is part of him growing into an adult. As the older moms told me for years - enjoy them when they are little because time flies by too fast :-)
Emily

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Emily,

Don't the knowing saying by all the little old ladies make so much SENSE now that you have a child graduated? LOL For me it was whent he girls left home and moved 2000 miles away that they hit home.

I tell myself daily "it goes so fast" - because I could easily focus on exhaustion "at my age" with 4 little ones again. LOL

Our 3rd one is a SR this year....and he is also becoming so independent. I have to keep reminding myself that this is good!!!

Emily said...

I also tell myself every day. Make memories now that will last a life time. What you said on your blog the other day about your bike ride. I could really relate. There are so many times I will want to go and hop on my horse for a long trail ride when my little Sierra will run out and say - can I go too? Which cuts my riding time down but those times are the memories that she will remember forever and so will I. Thanks for putting this back in the forefront for me.
Emily

Sherri said...

Wow Emily. Congratulations to Jordan and to you also for seeing him through. It seems like just yesterday that we were on the phone talking about our 5 year old little guys and discussing the options...public, private or home school. It is almost mind blowing how fast they grew up. He is an impressive young man. Tiffany commented at church yesterday that the guy playing the piano was very cute. I said "that's Emily's son Jordan!!!".

Emily said...

Sherri,
Time goes so fast. That was so cute about Tiffany's comment :-) Jordan does brings us so much joy! This stage of parenting is fun - I enjoy seeing them become young adults. They are keeping me young!
Emily

Sherri said...

I know! I love having older kids...I love seeing them developing into healthy young adults. And like you said in that other post, I definitely look forward to grandkids...although that's several years away! Tiff is only 15 and Tim plans to concentrate on his career in Law Enforcement so he tells me no kids. We'll see about that! Anyway...back to Jordan. He is an exceptional young man and that definitely was a compliment coming from Tiffany. That's the first time I had ever heard her say that any boy was cute! Too bad for the age gap...ha,ha! I am trying, but can't seem to set up my own blog. Until then, you need to check out my pics on my myspace.