Saturday, October 21, 2006

Baby Shower!

Saturday I had the honor of hosting a baby shower for one of my best friends. This is Lisa's third child and the third baby shower I have hosted for her. I had a blast decorating for the shower. She is having a little girl this time so everything was PINK. Most of my home is done in warm colors - golds, browns, terra cotta etc. . .so I had a hard time trying to figure out how to match it with PINK. I decided that the dining room and the foyer was going to be the main decorated area. I started by going through Alexia and Sierra's hope chests. I pulled out bonnets and dresses that I had saved. I also borrowed a few outfits from my niece Selena too. Below you will see a picture of Alexia's bonnet on the left and Sierra's on the right. This table was in the foyer. I decorated the table with booties that were the girls and then the party favors. The favors were adorable - little white cans with pink M & M's wrapped in tulle. I found the pink M & M's at 7-11 - they were being sold to help raise money for breast cancer awareness month.
I put the girls dresses on hangers and hung them all up the stairs and then tied balloons all the way up the bannister.

The favors . . . .



In the kitchen was the beverage center. I had coffee in one urn - hot water for tea in the other and then soda in the middle.


The dining room held all the food. We decided to make it more a brunch than a lunch. I made Breakfast Casserole and my friend made Breakfast Burritos as the main food.
We also had wonderful salads, fruit and veggie platters, a wonderful potato casserole, different kinds of dips and crackers, muffins, crossiant sandwiches doughnuts.





For some reason this picture is uploading blurry. The cake was so cute - it was a Pink Bootie Cake.




The shower was a great success. I had about 35 women show up to bless my friend. Now, in 4 more weeks - the delivery - that will be the best part.
















4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Everything looks wonderful.

Emily said...

Thanks De'Etta. It was a lot of fun putting the whole thing together!

Sherri said...

Hey...that looks great. Almost makes me want to have another one so you will throw me a shower! Ha, ha!...notice I said ALMOST!

Emily said...

I know- believe me - I had the urge too - especially going through all the girl's old dresses. I guess we will have to wait for our grandbabies :-)