Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Preparing Gingerbread Houses

Monday afternoon I met the other homeroom mom for Sierra's class at the classroom. We needed to make 20 gingerbread houses so they would be ready for the kids to decorate them the next day.

We started by making the frosting/glue. You take powdered sugar, cream of tartar and egg whites and mix them together.

We then took two milk cartons and taped them together. We then took the frosting/glue and spread it across the sides and then took whole pieces of graham crackers and stuck them on to the milk cartons. We then continued add graham crackers to complete the house.
The finished product!
Here are all 20 all ready to be decorated by the kids.
While I was in Sierra's classroom I snapped a few pictures of all the cute Christmas crafts and projects that they have completed over the month.
Sierra's teacher is GREAT! She has so many great ideas for the kids.
I volunteer once a week in her class.
I have really enjoyed helping out thist first half of the year and I look forward to the second half of the year!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I wish we would have made gingerbread houses. THose look SO CUTE!