Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lunch with Mom and Mema

I met my mom and my grandmother (Mema) halfway for lunch. We live about 2 1/2 hours away from each other. We met at Crackerbarrel restaurant and had a wonderful time eating and catching up. I am not going to be able to see Mema during Christmas because we will be heading out of town. So, I brought her Christmas gift and also my brother's girl Emily and Ansley because they live down by mom and Mema too.
Every time I go to Crackerbarrel I always get the Vegetable plate and that has to include fried Okra . . .I also had their Rasberry Tea which was really good. It was so nice to spend the afternoon with them . .. I wish we all lived closer!!!

2 comments:

all in the family said...

We LOVE Cracker Barrel. In fact we were there last Saturday :o) I love their (not healthy but oh-so good) biscuits and gravy and breakfast. Your mom and Mema look great. I had a hard time telling which one was which. I miss my grandmothers SOOO terribly much! You are VERY fortunate to still have yours around.

Beth in GA

Emily said...

Beth . . my Mema is 88 or 89 . .I can't remember off the top of my head. Also, I know this is going to sound unbelievable but she is just now starting to grey. She has never ever colored her hair . .