Sunday, December 02, 2007

Catching Up Friday

Friday morning I wokeup so excited because my friend Leanna and I were going to go horseback riding. It had been awhile since we have gone due to the weather being so hot this past summer. So, I got the kids off to school, made a run to the post office to mail off some necklace orders and then headed over to the barn. When I got there I saw Leanna's dad Ben working on the trailer . .. I knew it didn't look good. I walked on over to the trailer and Leanna told me the brakes on the trailer kept locking up. We were both so bummed . . .her dad worked on it for about an hour or so and couldn't figure out why it kept locking up . . . so we had to cancel our plans to ride . . .maybe next week! I then headed home and decided to get some things done around the house. That afternoon Jordan, his friend Stephen (who sings with Misty Edwards at IHOP) and Corey Russell who is one of the main leaders at IHOP were all flying in for a conference that we were putting on at our church. Jordan and Stephen were helping out with praise and worship and Corey was the main speaker for the weekend. Jordan and Stephen were going to be staying with us and Corey at a hotel so I changed the bed linens in the boys room and cleaned the room and their bathroom.

That night we all headed to church for the first night of the conference. I didn't know that my camera battery was almost dead so I only was able to take a few pictures from the evening.
Because my battery died so fast I was not able to get any pictures of Corey speaking . .. just my husband starting out the service. :-)
It was an awesome service and many young people were truly touched by the message.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Well. I have the thought that IHOP is perhaps NOT the pancake place?

:)

Emily said...

You are right . . .it's the International House of Prayer :-)