Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jordan and Jessica are Engaged!!!!

A few months ago Jordan called us and let us know he wanted to ask Jessica to marry him. He wanted us all to be there so we could all celebrate so decided that New Years Day was going to be the day!


Jordan had made plans to take her out to dinner and then he made reservations for a horse and carriage ride in downtown Kansas City. This picture is right before he left to take her to dinner.




My last hug with my first baby before he was engaged to be married!
Jessica had no idea what was about to happen.
While they were at dinner Jordan had asked their friend Tasha and Austin to get things ready at Alexia's house for a engagement party.
Here they are after arriving to the party! The newly engaged Jordan and Jessica!Many of their friends came throughout the evening to help them celebrate!

I am so happy for the two of them! Jessica will be an awesome addition to our family!


It's hard to believe two of our five children are now engaged to be married. Both couples plan on marrying this spring.
Jordan and Jessica are getting married in Kansas City and Matt and Alexia will be getting married in Orlando.








It was awesome to have George and Janice with us. George has been Jordan and Alexia's youth pastor since they have been 14 years old.

Chelsea played a joke on me saying she got engaged too! And yes- I believed her!!!


I love this picture too! It brings tears to my eyes because since my kids were first born I have been praying for their future mates. It's so neat to see in the flesh two of the five I have prayed for. Also, we are so blessed that both Jessica and Matt are involved in houses of prayer like we are. Jessica's family is part of the Detroit House of Prayer and Matt being involved at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. Thank you Lord for bringing such wonderful fiances to Jordan and Alexia!

10 comments:

Romany said...

What wonderful news! How faithful God has been to your family.

Lisa in Jax said...

Congratulations! How very exciting to be planning two weddings at once! I'll be praying for you during this exciting but also a bit stressful time. Wow!

Amy said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! I, too, pray for my children's future spouses. May God continue to bless your family...

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What fun you have been having! Congrats again! A truly exciting season in your family life.

Gigi said...

Congratulations to the happy couples! What an exciting time for you all...

worshiping warriors said...

Hi Emily, I was just going back and reading comments on my old blog and I saw that you commented on one of my blogs and asked for the chords to a song by Misty Edwards I had quoted. This was MONTHS ago so you may not even remember but I wanted to apologize for not commenting back and giving you the chords. I never saw yours or the others comments. I suppose I never went back to check after time had elapsed. I won't do that again... I guess I never realized that people other than my own family and friends ever read my blog. So I was very surprised and blessed. Anyway,congratulations on your children's engagements! I watch the prayer room and was at Onething and saw several of the anointed folks in your photos. They are a blessing to me, my family and also to our church body since we sing many of their songs! May God bless you and keep on worshipping in sunny Orlando! :)

worshiping warriors said...

If we ever are in Orlando we definitely will visit your House of Prayer there! My son is headed to KC next year sometime to go to FMA. We are thrilled (and a little jealous :)... Are even asking God's direction if the entire family should follow... But I am thrilled to see so many quality young people there- set apart, serving Him and finding Godly mates in the process ;)... Are your children part of the KC IHOP? I recognize Matt and your son looks very familiar....

worshiping warriors said...

So now I know where I've seen your son... I'm good about remembering faces :). Actually my son Max already has a place to stay. Our best friends just relocated in KC to join the IHOP family last year and have a place for him in thier home which is a huge blessing. Thank you so much for the recommendation though. However, I would like to hook him up with some Godly young people so that he'll have some friends there... You know us Moms... we want to take care of everything :D.

worshiping warriors said...

So now I know where I've seen your son... I'm good about remembering faces :). Actually my son Max already has a place to stay. Our best friends just relocated in KC to join the IHOP family last year and have a place for him in thier home which is a huge blessing. Thank you so much for the recommendation though. However, I would like to hook him up with some Godly young people so that he'll have some friends there... You know us Moms... we want to take care of everything :D.

worshiping warriors said...

My myspace is myspace.com/kaylahjohnson