Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Family seems to be shrinking :-) LOL

With Jordan and Alexia at school in Kansas City our family already felt like it was shrinking. Now, with Taylor in high school and on the high school baseball team we are now seeing him less and less. Carlos also went to Hawaii for a 10 day vacation with his friend George. So, for the last week or so it has been me, Landon and Sierra hanging out a lot. After church on Sunday the three of us went to Chili's to grab some lunch. It was strange to only have the three of us for that meal. I am finding it more difficult with each passing day that our kids are growing up and becoming more independant. I thank God for the ones I still have at home and I am thankful for "my other kids". It helps fill the void! We went home and had a very relaxing Sunday afternoon. It was a perfect ending to a great week!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm not looking forward to anymore of our kids leaving home. I already think it's getting too quiet around here.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

{{Emily}} re....older kids growing up....if you ever want to talk off line about it, feel free to email. YOu've been in my prayers.

Romany said...

It's good that you are really enjoying the ones who are still home with you!