Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Over The River and Through The Woods To Grandmother's House We Go!

When we got home from Gatlinburg we were able to spend a couple days with mom before I needed to take her back home. Dad had left a few days earlier because he had some "mayoral" jobs and meetings he had to go to.

This past Friday Landon, Sierra and I drove mom back home but we stopped by Mema's to spend the day with her. Dad said he would pick mom up from Mema's condo.

It was so good to see Mema. I had not seen her for a few months.
Mom and Mema
Landon worked on the computer while we visited.
Sierra kept complaining her legs were itching .. I had no idea she had been eaten alive by tons of mosquitos the other day. I guess she went horsebackriding and wore shorts instead of jeans .. . . I am sure she has learned a very good lesson.
Even though it is stinking hot here in Florida I always wear jeans when I ride . . for some reason this year the mosquito's are horrible.
Mema has 16 great grandchildren with two more on the way. She is a ripe young 89 years old.
Sierra loves to go to Mema's because she always give her lots of clip on earrings that she doesn't want anymore. This time she was not only blessed with earrings but a jewelry box too.
Sierra loves her Mema.
I love my Mema too!
It's hard to believe Landon is now taller than Mema.
Mom, me, Landon, Mema and Dad
Mom and Dad with MemaThanks mom and dad for taking care of the kids while we went to Missouri to get Alexia settled. Also, for letting us take the two side trips to Branson and Gatlinburg.
I always leave the kids with a total peace when you all have them. I never worry! Thanks for spending that time with them. You two are the BEST! I love you . . . we all love you!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

It's nice to get those multi generational photos!

Romany said...

It must be wonderful to have such peace about leaving the kids.