Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weekly Monday Night Prayer Watch

Each week Carlos leads the 6 -8 pm prayer watch every Monday night. For about six month Lisa has lead worship for this set but due to a scheduling conflict she changed nights with Joanne who leads worship on the Wednesday night set. So, the two of them switched nights.

Carlos had flown the red eye the night before and didn't arrive home until around 10:30 am. He was exhausted so he asked me to go and lead the prayer watch. Well, there was one small problem with that . . .I had never lead a prayer watch. . . I have only been involved with the music. So, I found out the my friend Andrea was going to be there and she leads watches every week so I asked her if she would lead it and I would watch. She graciously agreed! Thanks Andrea!

The set starts with one hour of devotional music.
The second hour there is prayer, intercession along with harp and bowl (which is singing out the prayer that the prayer leader is praying)
The prayer room has tables where you can study and read.
It was a wonderful prayer set and I learned a lot by watching Andrea lead it.

No comments: