Friday, March 02, 2007

It's that time again - Riding Day

This morning it looked like it was going to storm but the rain stayed away. Pam, Leanna and I headed out for a great trail ride. Here I am on Farley.Leanna and PamPamWe came across some empty Gopher Turtle shells. This one was completely intact. This one was missing part of it.We came across some bulls and cows. The bulls were staring us down!

We also came across a horse farm. We counted 9 horses . . .there could of been more.
During the ride we came across this horse skeleton. It looks like a coyote or something else got it.


Leanna and Cloud
Leanna took us by another farm. She had told me I had to see this bull . . .I couldn't believe it when I saw his horns. I have never seen anything like that in my life.

I always look forward to riding day . . . we seem to always see something new on every ride.


After I got home I warmed up the last bowl of last nights Tortilla soup and also some Korean green beans that Lisa's mom made me. Yum! Lisa then called me and said, "Come on over! I have a pot of coffee brewing!" So, I headed over there around 2:00 and then headed home around 5:30. While I was there I snapped a few pictures of their new family room furniture!



Ken's brother and his wife are photographers up in New Jersey. They took the pictures of Christian and Kaitlyn and then printed them on these pillows. Aren't they too cute?!This is Ken's office that is right off the family room.Tonight Ken and Lisa are going out with Christian's Godmother -Kathleen and their family. I offered to watch Ava so hopefully they will bring her over here so we can spoil her tonight! Carlos is working late on some Bible School courses he has to teach in the next few weeks so we are having a quiet night at home tonight!

5 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

It always makes me smile to go on a horse ride with you. {smile}

Emily said...

I am happy to share my trail rides. I try to find interesting items along the way. :-)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Yeah - I tried to find something interesting that I did today - and failed....but I've got photos. ::snort::

Emily said...

De'Etta - I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I love that sneak peak into your life! I guess having the nine children, being a military wife, being a pastorswife . . . you have a very interesting life :-)I can't imagine a dull day at your home. . . it always looks fun, happy and joyful!

Cynthia said...

That's an AWESOME shell... what a find.