Thursday, February 01, 2007

My INCREDIBLE Friend Lisa!

I have had so many of my online friends ask me about my friend Lisa. They have asked "How do you know her? " "How did you meet?" As you can see from my blog she and her family are a very important part of our lives . We first met when she was 14 years old. Carlos was the youth pastor for a mega church and she ended up coming to youth group one night.

I asked her to email me a brief story about how we met and she did. Over the years our friendship has grown and grown. Lisa is one of my best friends and is definitly like a sister to me. Back when she was in our youth group she helped me out with the kids. Both sets of grandparents lived far away so I had no help. She was a life saver for many years and she never charged me one penny. She served our family for years. I always told her that someday . .someone would do the same thing for her when she was married with kids. She has had a few girls step up but no one has taken the reins like she did for us. Thank the good Lord that she has her parents and her inlaws with in 20 minutes of them. Plus, I try to help her whenever I can. She was a blessing to our family and I want to be here for her now too.

Here is what she sent me :



How I met Emily . . . . . .

My testimony is long and complex. To make a long story short, my family moved to Florida from New Orleans when I was 14 years old. I was going through some rough teen times. Someone in my apartment complex invited me to a HUGE mega church near my house. The first Sunday I was there, I gave my life to the Lord. I remember crying and wondering why I was crying. I also met a girl in the first week of school who already went to church there. After I got saved I asked my friend if she would take me to the youth group. The first week I was there I was shocked to see so many young people truly excited and on fire for God. This was how I first met Pastor Carlos , aka PC and Emily , aka Ebby.

As I continued to go to the youth group, I grew in the Lord and became more and more involved. Pastor Carlos then approached me and asked me if I would start helping Emily with the kids. What started out with babysitting once in awhile, turned into three to four times a week. I knew this was something God placed in my heart to do. That's why I did it for free and made myself always available for PC and Emily. I remember even if I had plans, I would cancel them if PC or Emily needed me. Though it was a sacrifice at times, it was worth it. I believe that because of that time together I would not have the relationship with pc, em and the kids, like I do right now. It was also an awesome time for me spiritually. I really learned what it truly was to serve. From this, I grew to love their kids like they were mine and even to this day, they all have a special place in my heart. Pc is like a father to me. I remember going to him about everything, even girl issues...lol. Emily was like a big sister. It wasn't until I was pregnant that we became close friends.

After Pastor Carlos started his church, I got married to my wonderful husband Ken, who is actually the church administrator now and I am the praise and worship leader. I then got pregnant and asked Emily to be in my labor room. I remember being 16 years old and always thought that whenever I was married and pregnant, I would want Emily to be in my room. During my pregnancy, Em and I became close friends. Before I always saw her as my Pastor's wife and big sister (i have to say big sister, not mom, or Em will kill me...lol). Toward the end of my pregnancy I asked her to be my child's Godmother. Now three kids later, we have become extremely close. She is one of my best friends. She has been in all my births and special events. My kids love her to death. It is awesome to have someone so special in my life. It really amazes me the relationship we all have. PC is truly one of Ken's best friends like Em is mine. We love going on vacation together and usually do one or two of them together. I look forward to many more years as friends!!!!!!!!!! Lisa

Lisa - thanks for being in my life. Thank you for serving me and my family for all those years. I am so excited that you will be living 1 minute and 30 seconds from me. I love your kids like they are my own. Thank you for letting me have such a major part in their lives too. I will always remember the great times we have had at the beach during Memorial Day weekends ,all the Yankee games, Hawaii, Las Vegas and even Indiana. It's incredible that you and Ken have such major roles in the church. Who would of thought 16 years ago your future husband would be our administrator and you would be our praise and worship leader. Thanks for always being there for me! I couldn't of done it . . without all the help you gave me with the kids. I look forward to many more years of wonderful friendship bliss! I also look forward to see what the Lord has in store for us all!

5 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Lisa and Emily--what a beautiful testimony and story of friendship. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! What an lovely circle your relationship has had from discipling, mentoring, serving, and then loving as sisters. Everyone should be so blessed to have such friends.

Emily said...

The Lord has blessed me with a handful of great, close friends. I have a testimony of how God healed my heart when it came to women relationships but that is a whole other story! God is good!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing your story! It's wonderful.

Diann said...

What a great story! It's funny watching Lisa's house being finished in your blog and seeing mine being finished. We should be moving in about the same time! Her's will be more finished than mine, but that's what you get when you "do it yourself".

Diann

Emily said...

I think they will be closing in about three weeks so that is going to be close to your date! I have enjoyed watching your buliding process too! Your home is gorgeous.