Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Dryer

We had a Maytag washer and dryer for 19 1/2 years. It finally conked out back in October. I researched in Consumer Reports which set was the best and the book said the Whirpool Duet. So, we ended up picking up a pair. Well, last month the dryer started making a horrible noise and the clothes were taking FOREVER to dry. I called Whirpool and today they sent out the repair man. . . . . .
He started taking apart the dryer and then called me to the laundry room. He said, "Ma'am here is the culprit to the noise." See picture below.


I told him I couldn't believe that little piece of paper caused all that noise . .but he was right. Also, the reason why the dryer wasn't drying was the vent that leads to the outside was clogged. Thank goodness it was still on warranty and we didn't get billed.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

We've had our washer and dryer for a very long time as well.... just over 21 years now and they keep going and going and going. I doubt I'll ever get a new set (LOL).

Emily said...

I thought my Maytag's would of lasted at least 25 years - they never gave of us an ounce of problem . . the dryer is the one that conked out.