Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cozy Winter Soup

Since Carlos is still fasting everything except soup and liquids I decided to try a new recipe tonight. It's called Cozy Winter Soup - it was so easy and oh so good! Here is a picture of the ingredients for the recipe.


Cozy Winter Soup

4 cups beef broth
1 16 ounce can garbanzo beans drained
1 16 ounce tomatoes undrained and cut up
1 8 ounce can of cut green beans drained
1/2 cup small shell macaroni
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp thyme

In a large stock pot combine all ingredients. Cover and simmer 30- 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender

I forgot to include our salad in this picture but I guess you all have seen salad before. I love meals like this . .. homemade soup, homemade bread a great tossed salad and homemade cookies! It doesn't get better than that.


Carlos had a meeting tonight at church so he missed dinner with us but I have it on the stove on low waiting for him. I can't believe he is not home yet because tonight is the kick off to American Idol. This is our favorite show that we watch as a family. We look forward to every Tuesday night and later in the season Wednesday's too!

Our Family Tree

6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

That soup looks great! I'll have to remember to stop back and grab the recipe on our next soup night. We had soup tonight too.

Emily said...

It was very good . . . when I make it the next time I might eliminate the rosemary and exchange it for a different spice. Rosemary is not my favorite but it was still good!

Kristine said...

LOL, Holly and I are watching American Idol tonight too. She'll be in for the long haul, and she'll be expecting me along for the ride. :)

We call garbanzos "butt beans." Don't they look like little butts?

Emily said...

Oh my gosh Kristine . . . that is sooooooooo funny. I will never look at those beans the same again!!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

MMM MMM good...that's what I say.I think I could actually get my son to eat this soup....let you know how it comes out.
Kathy (shs)
who is sipping her homemade broccoli and chicken soup.Unfortunately we already finished our homemade bread.Gotta make some more.

Emily said...

I was pleasantly surprised that even my little ones liked it. I had it warmed up today for lunch and I definitly will not put the rosemary in the next time I make it. I